Header
  
Canterbury
 

Canterbury, All Saints


Photo: David L Cawley, 2018

  • Single bell hung for swing chiming with lever
  • Tenor: 1-1-17 in A.
  • Grid Ref: TR158585
  • Denomination: Church of England
    Diocese (Anglican): Canterbury
    Archdeaconry (Anglican): Canterbury


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)*
Diameter Note Date Founder Canons Retuned
҂ Single Bell 1-1-1718¹⁵⁄₁₆" A 1919 Gillett & Johnston, Croydon (77)

* Source of weight figures: G&J records
҂  - Hung for swing chiming

History

1844 The church was built as the Military Road Garrison Church of St Alban to serve the Northgate Barracks. The architect is unknown.
1919 The church was equipped with a bell hung in the open gable, cast by Gillett & Johnston.
1975 After the church had become redundant, it was bought by the Diocese for £44,000 and opened as a parish church the following year.
1982 The church was rededicated to All Saints.

Gallery


The bell hanging in the open gable.
Photo:

Elsewhere in the Parish

Canterbury, Jesus Hospital Chapel
Single clock bell hung for swing chiming


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016