Header
  
Allington
 

Allington, St Nicholas


Photo: Facebook

  • Single bell hung dead
  • Tenor: 1½ cwt approx.
  • Grid Ref: TQ745565
  • Bell from St Laurence's church
  • Denomination: Church of England
    Diocese (Anglican): Canterbury
    Archdeaconry (Anglican): Maidstone


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date FounderRetuned
Single bell 1½ cwt approx.18" 1866 Mears & Stainbank, WhitechapelNever

 - Hung dead

Inscriptions

History

1866 Bell cast for St Lawrence, Allington.
1971 St Lawrence's church made redundant.
1972 Bell removed from St Lawrence's church by David Cawley for the KCACR on 2 June.
1974 St Nicholas Church was built and the St Lawrence bell was hung dead for electonic chiming by Whitechapel.

Elsewhere in the Parish

Allington, Allington Castle Gatehouse
Single large house bell hung in the gatehouse on a spring


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 16 June 2020