Header
  
Westbrook
 

Westbrook, All Saints


Photo: Brian Butcher, 2005

  • Single bell hung for swing chiming with lever
  • Tenor: 6¾ cwt approx. in B♭.
  • Grid Ref: TR344702
  • Diocese: Canterbury
  • Building Listed Grade: II Click for Heritage details.

Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date FounderRetuned
Single Bell 6¾ cwt approx.36¾" B♭ 1911 James BarwellNever

Inscriptions

Some time in the past

Bell DiameterDateFounderFate
Single bell12⅞"1880John Warner & SonsSeen by DLC on the stairs in the tower.

History

1874 Church built as a Mission Church.
1880 A bell by Warner was provided for the Mission Church.
1894 Nave and chancel of present church built by T. Andrews.
1897 Lower part of the (oblong) tower incorporating the vestries was built by E. S. Prior.
1909 The upper stages of the tower were built by W. D. Caroe.
1911 Bell cast and installed in the tower by Barwell of Birmingham.
1975 Tower inspected by David Cawley who observed the Barwell bell and noted another second hand bell lying on the steps in the tower cast by John Warner & Sons in 1880.

Gallery


The bell in the belfry.
Photo: Brian Butcher, 2005


Photo: Brian Butcher, 2005

A view of the church in 1910, shortly after the tower was built.
Photo: David Cawley collection


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 10 May 2020