Untitled Document
  
Abbey Wood
 

Abbey Wood, St Michael & All Angels


Photo: Dickon Love

Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
Single Bell ½cwt approx.13¾" Unknown

Inscriptions

History

1904 Site on which church stands was purchased for £1,000. The need arose when the Arsenal Cooperative Society began its building of the Bostall Estate, east of Plumstead.
1908 11th April Church opened at a total cost of £8,026.9s.8d. It was built by Blomfield and Son, architect.
1975 May GPE Southwark survey notes a small blank bell with peg argent hung on brackets fixed to the wall & chimed by iron wheel with straight spokes. The argent is formed to take a square iron bar the middle.

Gallery


The single bell hanging on the outside of the church.
Photo: Dickon Love, Jun 2009
Full list of peals here
Full list of quarters here

Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016