Untitled Document
  
Chiddingstone Causeway
 

Chiddingstone Causeway, St Luke


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
1 1-1-1819" G♯ 1887 Gillett & Co, Croydon

Inscriptions

How the bells are tuned

History

1887 A bell was supplied to "Penshurst Mission Church" by Gillett & Johnston.
1897 Present church built by Sir Mervyn Macartney, architect.
1906 Parish created from that of St Mary's Chiddingstone, Leigh and Penshurst.
2005 Bell inspected by Love, Cawley and Kisch where it sat in the middle of a vast belfry on a doncaster headstock.


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016