Untitled Document
  
Rusthall
 

Rusthall, St Paul


Photo: Dickon Love, 29th Jan 2005

Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Weight
(As supplied)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
Single Bell 18 cwt approx.18-2-347¾" E 1850 Charles & George Mears, Whitechapel Never

Inscriptions

How the bells are tuned

History

1850 Church built and bell cast.
1868 Parish created from St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst.
c 1931 Canons removed and bell rehung on a new headstock by Mears & Stainbank, reusing the original wheel.
1992 Bell inspected by Graham Pledger who observed that it was hung in a ringing frame, swinging north-south. The frame was moved southwards on the original sills, presumable to accommodate the heating system in the ringing chamber below (possibly in 1931).


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016