Untitled Document
  
Mark Beech
 

Mark Beech, Holy Trinity


Photo: Dickon Love, Jan 2005

Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
Single Bell 3½ cwt approx.25¾" C♯ 1852 Barrett & Osborne Never

Inscriptions

How the bells are tuned

History

1851 Church built by the Talbot family.
1852 Bell cast by Barrett & Osborne and hung for ringing. Only 5 bells now survive from this unusual founder.
1887 Stahlschmidt supposed one modern bell.

Gallery


The single bell, hung for ringing, but unringable through poor framework and fittings.
Photo: Dickon Love, 29 Jan 2005

The wheel has had a metal hoop built on to it to hold it together. All the shrouding had been removed.
Photo: Dickon Love, 29 Jan 2005


Photo: Dickon Love, 29 Jan 2005


Photo: Dickon Love, 29 Jan 2005
Full list of peals here
Full list of quarters here

Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016