Untitled Document

Greenwich, St Mary

Prior to demolition

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned Fate
Single bell40.5"1825Thomas Mears IINever


1823 -4 Church built - Commissioners' church (1st Parliamentary grant) as a chapel of ease to St Alphege. George Basevi, architect, George Martyr, builders, at a cost of £15,000.
1825 Clock for "Greenwich New Church" supplied by Moore of Clerkenwell, comprising four 4ft 2in dials.
1919 Church closed.
1935 Church demolished (also have reference that this happened in 1968).


  • "St Alfege, Greenwich", Author unknown (The Ringing World) 2 January 1978
  • "Greenwich Parish Church", Author unknown (The Ringing World) 26 October 1979

  • Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016