Untitled Document
  
Bexleyheath
 

Bexleyheath, Clock Tower


Photo: Dickon R Love

Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
Clock Bell 4½ cwt approx.30" 1627 Joseph Hatch, Ulcombe, Kent

Inscriptions

History

1603 All Saints church closed for worship.
1627 The 3 bells of All Saints, Canterbury were recast by Joseph Hatch.
1911 During alterations on the church the 1627 bell was removed. Mr E Barnett of Crayford rescued the bell which was on the groud, Funds were raised by parading it through the streets & it was hung in the new Bexleyheath Clocktower by S.B. Goslin.
1980 17/12/2019 00:00:00 The clocktower was given Grade II listing. [1]
[1] BROADWAY 1. 5005 Bexleyheath Clock tower at west angle of Market Place TQ 4975 9/4 II 2. 1911, by Walter Epps, architect. Clock tower of stone and red brick. Rusticated podium to first storey stage, which has round-arched entrance with open pediment over, on west face. Modillion cornice. Ionic pilasters flanking niches to second stage, with clocks above cornice. Pyramidal roof. (Historic England website (extracted 30 May 2016))


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 31 August 2016