Untitled Document
  
Lower Halstow
 

Lower Halstow, St Margaret


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Retuned
3 6 cwt approx.31½" 1662 William Hatch
2 4¾ approx.29" 1662 William Hatch
1 4 cwt approx.26½" 1662 William Hatch

Inscriptions

History

1662 3 bells were cast by William Hatch.
1798 Hasted records 5 bells in the tower. It is not clear whether he has confused this church with St Margaret, High Halstow. [1]
[1] The church, which stands close to the creek, is dedicated to St. Margaret; it consists of three small isles and one chancel, with a low pointed steeple, in which hang five bells, and has nothing remarkable in it. ('The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent. Vol 6', Edward Hasted)


Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 1 April 2016