Well Hill, Mission Chapel

Photo: Rob Baker, 2021

  • Single bell hung under cover on exterior wall
  • Grid Ref: TQ499641

  • Details of the Bells

    Bell Weight
    (most recent)
    Diameter Note Date Founder Canons Retuned
    Single bell Late 19th cent
    History

    1889 In April, subscriptions were requested for a new mission chapel to help meet the needs of the growing population in the parish of St Martin's, Chelsfield.
    1893 The chapel was opened for public worship on 22 June. The single bell hanging over the door was probably provided at this time.


    Page updated: 4 May 2024