Header
  
Whitstable
 

Whitstable, Whitstable Cemetery


Photo: findagrave.com, 2010

  • Formerly 2 chapels with a bell each
  • Grid Ref: TR112659

Prior to 1968

Bell Weight
(most recent)
DiameterDateFounderRetunedFate
Chapel 11¼ cwt approx.17"1857John Warner & SonsNeverRemoved 1968 for St Andrew's Whitstable.
Chapel 21¼ cwt approx.17"1857John Warner & SonsNeverRemoved 1968 for St Paul's, Tuckswood, Norwich.

History

1857 Whitstable Cemetery was opened with two chapels built opposite each other, each with a bell. Both bells were identical with 6 angular canons.
1968 The Whitstable Cemetery chapel bell gables were been taken down. One of the bells was eventually given to St Andrew's Church nearby. The other went to St Paul's, Tuckswood, Norwich.



Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 7 June 2020