Header
  
Whitstable
 

Whitstable, St Andrew


  • Single bell hung dead
  • Tenor: 1¼ cwt approx.
  • Grid Ref: TR109655
  • Formerly at Whitstable Cemetery
  • Denomination: Church of England
    Diocese (Anglican): Canterbury
    Archdeaconry (Anglican): Canterbury


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date FounderRetuned
Single bell 1¼ cwt approx.17" 1857 John Warner & SonsNever

 - Hung dead

Inscriptions

History

1857 Whitstable Cemetery was opened with two chapels, each with a bell. Both bells were identical with 6 angular canons.
1955 The new St Andrew's Church, Grimshill Road, Whitstable, was dedicated by the Archbishop of Canterbury (Dr Fisher). The church had no bell at the time, so handbells were rung before and after the service by All Saints ringers.



Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 7 June 2020