Header
  
Rough Common
 

Rough Common, St Gabriel


  • Single bell hung under cover on exterior wall
  • Tenor: ¾ cwt approx.
  • Grid Ref: TR127593
  • Denomination: Church of England
    Diocese (Anglican): Canterbury
    Archdeaconry (Anglican): Canterbury


Details of the Bells

Bell Weight
(most recent)
Diameter Note Date Founder Canons Retuned
҂ Single ¾ cwt approx.c.16" c.1860 Unknown

҂  - Hung for swing chiming

History

1890 A "tin tabernacle" was built as an Anglican Mission in the parish of Harbledown. The bell is probably from that time too.
c 1940 The church was renamed and received the status of a full parish church. The wood-panelled interior features a stained glass window retrieved from a former church in Ramsgate which was damaged by World War II bombing.



Love's Guide to the Church Bells of Kent Page updated: 17 April 2017